Saturday 21 May 2011

Will You Miss Me?

Sometime when you’re feeling important,
Sometime when your ego’s in bloom,
Sometime when you take it for granted
You’re the most talented one in the room.





Sometime when you feel that your going
Would leave an unfillable hole,
Just follow these simple instructions
And see how it humbles your soul.

Take a bucket and fill it with water,
Put your hand in it up to your wrist,
Pull it out and the hole that’s remaining
Is a measure of how you’ll be missed.

You can splash all you wish when you enter,
You may stir up the water galore,
But stop, and you’ll find that in no time
It looks quiet, the same as before.

The moral of this is quite simple

You must do just the best that you can,
Be proud of yourself, but remember—
There’s no indispensable man. (Unknown)



Sobering words, don't you think? I don't know who wrote the above but it did the rounds of the offices many years ago and I have never forgotten it.

Recently when contemplating a career move these words came to mind and I realised the impact that I have made on this job is insignificant as when I leave I will soon be forgotten.

Right now everybody says the place wouldn't be the same without me and that I brighten up the whole office, which is very sweet of them but I know that when I leave, in a very short time I will be forgotten. That's life.

However, whilst I'm there I am having a great deal of fun just splashing around. That's how we get through the mundane isn't it? Making it fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment