Tuesday 10 May 2011

Rare Moment of Stillness

Ralfi, pencil in sketchbook

Ralfi is my dog and this is a pose he is not often caught in, stillness. I am thinking he really needs to be renamed, Houdini. He's a terrier, which seems to be his best excuse for constantly finding ways of escaping. Since moving house I have lost count of the number of times he has escaped and had me chasing him down the road, along riverbanks, etc.

I wouldn't mind so much if it was just a case of him escaping, me calling and him returning, but no.... I call his name he turns looks at me and then puts an extra spurt of energy into running even faster in the opposite direction!

I have fixed all the places where I think he may have got through to the outside world, but I fear he will outwit me yet. Ah well, I guess it's all exercise!

2 comments:

  1. I LIKE YOUR WRITINGS AND SKETCHES! NICE BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Inky for coming by my blog today and for your kind words. I have not done much in the way of painting for a long while and my camera got smashed not long ago so cannot post pictures till i replace it.
    Your blog is inspiring to me though and i am encouraged to begin again, and not be beaten. Your posts are delightful. I like your drawings and musings a lot. Blessings, ross.

    ReplyDelete