Monday 18 June 2012

Monday Morning Blues

Watercolour pencil in moleskine sketchbook

I thought I should try to get back to doing a sketch a day if I can like I used to.  Life got in the way a bit, as it so often does, but now I feel able to make time in my busy day to do that which I love.

This is just a quick sketch.  Monday is always the worst day for me, having to be at work, start of the week and the weekend seems so far away.  I often think of Bob Geldof's song "I don't like Mondays".  Of course I don't go and "shoot the whole day down"  :)   I usually simply try to find the positives and today it was the people in my life, not just friends but also acquaintances that got me through my Monday morning blues.  A cheery smile, a laugh, a chat... little things that mean a lot, just people taking time to show they care.


No comments:

Post a Comment