Tuesday 7 May 2013

Rainy Night

Oils on Canvas (12" x 24")

A while ago I did a small painting of The Walks which is a park near where I used to live and now I have used the scene together with my recent fascination for rainy scenes.  I am pleased with how this one progressed.

I like to transform what could easily be a bleak scene and using colour lift it to a new level.  To me it represents seeing the positive in difficult times. There is always colour and joy all around us, we just need to learn to see it.

2 comments:

  1. Hello My Friend

    Where are you? I hope you are well and happy and creating. Since you haven't posted in such a long time, I am concerned about you.

    This painting is a great representation of night light, rain, and reflection. It amazes me how you have incorporated so much color into a scene of this nature.

    Your blog friend
    Steven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Steven, I have really missed my artwork and my blog.

    ReplyDelete