Sunday 31 January 2010

Just Playing...


I love to play and experiment with paints - it is always a very exciting voyage of discovery.

Today I wanted to rediscover acrylics. First of all using just Pthalo Blue, Titanium White and a little Payne's Grey I painted my Mountains in Blue. I painted on canvas, which was a first for me as I have always used either watercolour paper or acrylic paper for acrylic paints.

Here is the same painting, but I painted a glaze of crimson alizarin over the top. In real life it is actually more purple than here.



It was fun, but now I have been looking at it for a while and have some great ideas to push things further - I have decided to really go to town with this one. Keep watching.... I will post the result shortly.

Best wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment