Sunday 5 July 2009

South Gates


20 min sketch at the South Gates.

Quiet Sunday morning and a different town... the place where my roots are.

There are ruins of the old town wall all around but this is the most dramatic, the old South Gates... these days cars pass through it and beside it.

Every time I pass through I think what a wonderful painting it would make but it's a busy road and difficult to get a good place to paint. However, Sunday morning is ideal and I managed a quick sketch before I passed by today.

Not such a good sketch, but next time maybe I will get more time.

2 comments:

  1. Love all these (wish I could do stuff like this... I get stuck on shading and details)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Strawberry Girl. Sometimes I just don't get time for the shading etc and sometimes that's a good thing. :)

    ReplyDelete